Unanswered: How to populate catalog for Full Text searches?

i want to be able to do full text searches on a table that i have that already has data in it.. i created a new catalog, then started incremenetal population.. but nothing happened? will it only catalog the new data thats been entered into the table after i start incremental update? so since i have data in teh table already, would i need to do a full population first before i start incremenetal population?

thanks!

si
    check out the remarks section in

Books Online {sp_fulltext_table}

if any of this applies
    drop your full-text index and re-create it and try a full population.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect
    si
    check out the remarks section in

Books Online {sp_fulltext_table}

if any of this applies
    drop your full-text index and re-create it and try a full population.
    sorry if this is a stupid question, but was that supposed to be a link? or did u just mean to look around online ?

thanks

microsoft sql server comes with a extremely usefull help file called books online. it is located in the

START>PROGRAMS>MICROSOFT SQL SERVER directory.

you should also go to microsoft's web site and download the most recent version of BOL(Books Online) for sql server. it is probably the most usefull collection of information available for SQL server and is the best help file that microsoft has for any of its products.

dbforums is okay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect
    microsoft sql server comes with a extremely usefull help file called books online. it is located in the

START>PROGRAMS>MICROSOFT SQL SERVER directory.

you should also go to microsoft's web site and download the most recent version of BOL(Books Online) for sql server. it is probably the most usefull collection of information available for SQL server and is the best help file that microsoft has for any of its products.

dbforums is okay too.
    ahh got it, thanks!