Question Unanswered: Error with a simple select

Hello,

I'm new with DB2 (not with databases), and I discover recently DBArtisan (Embarcadero's tool) but when I try to run a query with it in a production database, the tool throw me the following message:

15:58:21.358 DBMS DB2P -- Error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0904N Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource. Reason code: "00C90086", type of resource: "00000200", and resource name: "PCLDB01 .CLTPEFIS ". SQLSTATE=57011

CTLPEFIS is the table (PROD is the schema) I try to access, PCLDB01 is the database

This message appears in any sql I try to run in this database, but with another server I don't have any problem. What can I do?

Thanks in advance

SQLSTATE 57011 returns the following:

Explanation: The SQL statement could not be executed because resource
    'resource-name' of type 'resource-type' was not available at the time for
    the reason indicated by 'reason-code'. Refer to Table 3 in Appendix B,
    "Problem determination" in item PROBLEM_DETERMIN for an explanation of
    resource type codes. Refer to "Section 4. DB2 Codes" in item SECTION_4_DB2_CO for an
    explanation of the given reason code.

| If this is issued in connection with Multilevel Security authorization
    | (resource-type 402), then the Security Server return and reason codes for
    | the unavailable resource appear as the resource-name. In this case, refer
    | to the z/OS Security Server RACROUTE Macro Reference.

System Action: The SQL statement cannot be executed. If the SQL statement
    being executed was a cursor FETCH, DB2 closes the cursor. Subsequent
    attempts to use that cursor without first doing an OPEN for it receive an
    SQLCODE -501.

Programmer Response: Verify the identity of the resource that was not
    available. To determine why the resource was unavailable, refer to the
    specified reason-code.

SQLSTATE: 57011
    Last edited by urquel; 02-10-05 at 16:14.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by csm

15:58:21.358 DBMS DB2P -- Error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0904N Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource. Reason code: "00C90086", type of resource: "00000200", and resource name: "PCLDB01 .CLTPEFIS ". SQLSTATE=57011
    Judging by the reason code, it's an authorization error - you're not allowed to access that table(space).

DB2 error codes are specific to the version and environment it is in. If you are running, as a wild guess based on obsolutely no evidence at all , DB2 for OS390 and zOS V7, one would look in the Messages and Codes manual for that environment to see what a reason code of 00C90086 means.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-b...SNMCH13/4.8.10

An attempt was made to allocate a resource that is started for DB2 utility access only.

James Campbell

Talking Ok, is OS390 and V7

James, you are rigth, it's a DB2 for OS390 V7. I read the explanation about the message but I can't understand it (probably for my poor level of english)... Obviously is about permissions for some resources, but "[...] that is started for DB2 utility access only", what means exactly? I don't have the problem with Visual Explain, for example; this tool is a DB2 utility? Why happens only in production's database? If I access with a valid user/pwd, why DB2 don't let me to run this query in DBArtisan?

Uuuuuf... the beginnings are always very hard

PD: thanks for the url. And the reply, of course

Quote Originally Posted by jacampbell
    DB2 error codes are specific to the version and environment it is in. If you are running, as a wild guess based on obsolutely no evidence at all , DB2 for OS390 and zOS V7, one would look in the Messages and Codes manual for that environment to see what a reason code of 00C90086 means.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-b...SNMCH13/4.8.10

An attempt was made to allocate a resource that is started for DB2 utility access only.

James Campbell

In DB2 for z/OS a database (and/or specific tablespace) can be started for "Utility Only" access. That means a DB2 utility on the mainframe (like COPY, REORG, etc) is the only one who can access the database and/or tablespace. Remote client utilities do not count as utility access.

To access the database or tablespace it needs to be started in read/write mode (or maybe read only mode) by the DB2 for z/OS DBA.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390