Exclamation Unanswered: Calculating DAvg(DCount X) - (DCount Y). Can you help?

Hello. I was trying to calculate the subject above however MS Access tells me I'm using the wrong Brackets. Here's my Expression:

=DAvg[DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'PASSED'")-DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'FAILED'")]

=DAvg[DCount

You shouldn't be using a square bracket there. Change it to

=DAvg(DCount

Change your closing bracket on the end, too
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Ok, I did that and got this other error message:

The expression you entered has a function containing the wrong number of arguments.

=DAvg(DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'PASSED'")-DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'FAILED'"))

Any Ideas? Thx for the reply by the way!

You don't have a 2nd argument for the DAVG function. It should be between your ending '))'. The 2nd argument is required. I suggest you look at the help file for the DAVG function, since I don't use the domain functions that much.

I'm sorry but, the help files do not indicate use of DAvg with nested DCount. I tried what you said but I got the same error again.

The first argument you are supplying to the DAVG function is:

DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'PASSED'")-DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'FAILED'"))

Which is just the number of audits passed - the number of audits failed
    That's going to yield a number. (12-7 = 5)

As I said, I don't use Domain Aggregate functions very much, but when I look at the help file, none of the required arguments are numeric, they are both strings. Maybe DAVG isn't really what you're looking for in this case.

Can you give an example of the result you expect to see?

Sure can. I wanted to do something similar to this and not get an error message when there's nothing to calculate.

=DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'PASSED'")-DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'FAILED'")/DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor")

So, if there is nothing to count, then:
    DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor")
    must evaluate to 0.

Therefore, if you test that first, you can bypass the div/0 error by doing this:

=Iif(DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor") > 0,DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'PASSED'")-DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor","[TRating] = 'FAILED'")/DCount("[TAuditID]","CompletedAuditsForSelectedSupervisor"),0)

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!

You made me start liking red necks man! Rock on!