Unanswered: Witch kind of backend runs better & quicker?

Hi everyone!

Witch kind of backend runs better in a multiuser enviroment (5~6 users only)

1- One unic file (.mdb)
    2- Two or more files (.mdb), containing each one diferent tables (of course the two or more files together have the same tables as the one referred in point 1)

Thanks!

For 5-6 users I'd keep one backend file. It should be OK for that number of users, and maintenance should be more straightforward.

Thanks for the reply Derrik.

I'm asking this, because i tried to divide the database in three mdb files, the result: It turned too slow.
    When before the division, a simple query was instantanily opned, with the three backends toke an eternety.
    Is there a reason for that?

The first thing it depend upon the records that stored in your table and secondly on the traffic of your network.

I am handleing 35 tables on the network that are coming from almost 7-8 different database. Each of them are containing not less than 30-35 records with 11 users. Rarely users access to the same record or same table that produces write conflict (I already have Edited Record from form's property that avoids this). So it do not distrub its speed.

If it comes to me, I would say better to keep more than ONE back end. This would help a lot not to rush in accessing tables and help to reduce traffic which I am doing.

Regards,
    Ashfaque