Unanswered: inspect utility question

Inspect and db2dart document says that it does require exclusive database ( no user using the database ) .

Isn't there anyway we can do it while users are in for some 24 X 7 application ? if it is possible what are the performance consequences ?

OR Anyone have any other work around ?

TIA.

As per the ibm docs,

"INSPECT allows you to inspect table spaces and tables for their architectural integrity while your database remains online. "
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Can you point me that doc ?

Where this is said ? and from which version ?
    Pls. point me to that doc. as we need to have this for surity.As when we run while users are in it gives the message like user needs to go out.

I will really appreciate it Sathyaram!
    Thanks in advance.

DB2 V8 Command Reference INSPECT Usage Notes:
    "The online inspect processing will access database objects using isolation level uncommitted read. COMMIT processing will be done during INSPECT processing. It is advisable to end the unit of work by issuing a COMMIT or ROLLBACK before invoking INSPECT."

DB2 V8 Command Reference db2dart Required Connection:
    "None. db2dart must be run with no users connected to the database. "

Have a ponder what will happen if INSPECT is run while a user is updating a database. INSPECT may read one datum that implies another datum must have some specific value. (eg an index that states a row exists at a particular place.) By the time INSPECT looks at the second datum its value may have been changed (eg the row has now been deleted.)

James Campbell

INSPECT is available only from version 8 ...
    Search for the term inspect in the infocentre and you should get enough matches

HTH
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

inspect vs. db2dart

Thanks James!
    This has confused me and that is why I asked this question and started the thread.
    Db2dart runs inplicitely inspect only ( correct me if I am wrong!) son in that cas the description abt. inspect and db2dart is confusing.
    And I also notice while running this command and getting message saying that 'connection found to database, connection will get terminated ).

Let us discuss this.anyone running DB2 8.x and this utility please through your thoughts and experience how you do this thing.

TIA.