Thread: Remove toolbar

Unanswered: Remove toolbar

I'm trying to make my Access GUI look more like a stand alone application than aform running in Access. I want to know how (if possible) to get rid of the Access toolbar. I have deseleted all items in the startup window and all item in the >tools>options window but I still get the main Access toolbar including them min/max/close buttons. Is there a way to have the GUI appear with out the Access stuff in the background?

I tried to convert to an MDE but for some reason I get a message "Microsoft Access was unable to create an MDE database". I assume this may have something to do with the VBA that I have written.

if you are talking about the main menu bar (aka file, edit, etc) then all you have to do is make a new menu bar, and save it as a menu bar rather than a tool bar. as far as the access name on the top i don't think you can get rid of it.

You can Hide / Unhide custom MenuBar. first add it in the design view of the form then use the code below on the open event of the form.

' To hide
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "YourMenuBarName", acToolbarNo

'To Show
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "YourMenuBarName", acToolbarYes

and please check in the other forum where I participate to see how you can hide the entire access window except the form you use.

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=2562

To convert and mdb to mde first of all you have to compile your code in the VBE window
    Debug > Compile dbName
    hope this helps