Unanswered: JDBC connectivity to os/390

From a java application running in a WindowsXP machine, I want to access the data in DB2 v7.1 for os/390 using JDBC connectivity. I have installed DB2Connect v8.1 in windows XP machine.

I like to know

1. the jdbc driver class name to be used. (is it COM.ibm.db2os390.sqlj.jdbc.DB2SQLJDriver
    or
    COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver)

2. Do i need to catalog the os/390 database name in my machine using DB2 connect?

Jake

COM.ibm.db2os390.sqlj.jdbc.DB2SQLJDriver is for applications running on an OS390 or zOS system

You'll have to use COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver - this is a type 3 driver for use with applets. If you are writing a Java application you'll have to use the type 2 driver - COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.

And, yes, you'll have to catalog the os390 system as a DCS database.

James Campbell

hi.,
    I'm running the JAVA SP on z/OS while calling my java SP from DB2DC it's gives following message in /u/db8g/tmp/server_stdout.txt

SQLException raised, SQLState =51002 SQLCODE = -805 :.IBM/DB2..T2zos/1.T2zosConn ection.flowConnect:execConnect:1319B2 engine SQL error,

SQLCODE = -805, SQLST ATE = 51002, error tokens = DALLAS8.TEST01.SYSSTAT.5359534C564C3031;DISTSERV;0 2

but binding the DBRM,creation of packages are completed siccessfully,but don't know
    what is the problem.?

Can anyone help me....

Obviously the binding was not totally successfull :-)

Is the name of your zOS DB2 system DALLAS8?
    In it do you have a collection TEST01 which has a package with package-id SYSSTAT and contoken 5359534C564C3031?

The message is saying that one of these is not true. Maybe it got bound somewhere else.

James Campbell

Hi James.,

Thanks for your reply.According to your point problem in the bind step , But while binding time it's completed successfully and also calling the procedure from DB2DC running fine. but it did not shown SQL query output.

I could not under stand why it's refere SYSSTAT package my actual package TEST01.

in bind statement BIND PLAN(TEST01) PKLIST(TEST01.*,DSNJDBC.*)

EXTERNAL NAME 'DB2ADM.TEST01_JAR:TEST01.Test01.GetTest01'

if my bind step processes wrong means What could be correct step..?

Thanks.,
    Saravanan

When a connection is made from a remote system DB2 uses plan DISTSERV - that's why it appears as part of the message tokens. A plan named TEST01 has nothing to do with this situation.

If you break out the message tokens you'll see that they contain a fully qualified package name and reason code 02. If you read the zOS messages and codes (because that's where the error is occuring) you'll see that it means "The DBRM name 'dbrm-name' did not match an entry in the member list or the package list." In this situation the plan pklist is immaterial - the code has issued
    SET PACKAGESET = 'TEST01'
    and so collid TEST01 is being used.

What you need to look for is the command
    BIND PACKAGE(TEST01) MEMBER(SYSSTAT) ...
    (or BIND PACKAGE(TEST01) COPY(collid.SYSSTAT) )
    DB2 is complaining because this hasn't been done successfully. SYSSTAT is probably some system package.

I am wondering if you are calling a host based Java stored procedure, in whose definition you specified
    COLLID TEST01
    In this situation TEST01 is a collection id, not a plan name. In my brief experience with zOS Java SPs I found that I needed to bind copy everything from collection DSNJDBC into the "other" collection if I did this.

James Campbell