Unanswered: Shift By Pass Key..

I used ShiftByPassKey module to by pass the shift key not to show the db window. It is running successfully on my ternimal ( I can not see the db window) but at one of our terminal, the user can see the db window.

What could be the reason. And it is not the first time I am using shiftbypass ke module.

All the check marked has kept unchecked at start up except one which is application icon. Bcz I am using my own icon to display.

I just installed office 2003 and the other user have 2002. Do you think this may be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
    Ashfaque

Whether or not the database window is displayed is determined by the setting in Tools/Startup. The Shift Bypass simply allows (or not) the use of the shift key to bypass the Startup setting when the program starts. If the Shift Key is bypassed then you will always start with the Startup settings. If the db is compiled then the database window will not normally show.

Thanks JLC for the advice,

I found that if a we keep check mark of Windows In Taskbar (Tools--Option--View--Windows In Taskbar) unchecked, it will not show the db window.

But the possibiity is that user can set it to true from any other access db orhe can create new db and set the above check mark to true & save the created db and exit. Then next time if he open my db (even mde), the same seting of MS ACCESS would certainly be applied to my mde and the user easily can see the db window with all the objects.

So I need to know is there any VB code that could run at the the opening of mde which could set Tools--Option---View---Window In Taskbar unchecked automatically? So that even the user sets check mark from other db, only unchecked check mark setting would apply to my mde that enables not showing the db window.

With kind regards,
    Ashfaque
    Last edited by Ashfaque; 02-14-05 at 03:03. Reason: Spellings

I've not found a way - yet ! But I'm working on it. Watch this space.

Startup options are specific to the DB not to the overall Access application. So what you describe will not work.
    Darasen

Thanks.

What about the following code line if I use at OnLoad event of start up form? I will try with it.

Docmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

Regards,
    Ashfaque