Unanswered: Massive DTS delete/import: logging problems

Hey all,

We are using SQL Server 7 on Win 2k and there are some DTS packages set up which empty some large tables (delete from) and then import some datafiles.
    The imported files are about 13 GB and during the process the log file gets to about 10GB and then runs out of disk space.

Is there a trick to empty a table without logging it? (a la LOAD Replace from Null in DB2)?
    How can I go about keeping the log file size down during this operation?

I think the DB is set to autocommit, the trunc log on chkpt. is set on as is the select into/bulk copy (altho I'm reasonable sure we arent availaing of the bulk copy for the import).

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    TRUNCATE TABLE should work faster and should'nt fill up the log so much.

"Truncate table is functionally identical to DELETE statement with no WHERE clause: both remove all rows in the table. But TRUNCATE TABLE is faster and uses fewer system and transaction log resources than DELETE."
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Cheers, there are some deletes in the package with no 'where' so I'll try it out with them.
    Any other areas I could be looking at too?