Cool Unanswered: User Setup in Db

Ok - May be a dumb question, but I'm having issues. I have a few different databases that I have worked on. Two are linked and a third is not in any way related. When I add Users to one of the linked Dbs it then applys the users to ALL of the databases. Why is that? Can't I set up Users specific to the database itself and not Access on my machine? Please help/advise!

You will need to set up different workgroup (mdw) files for the different db's. For the databases that are related you may want to use the same mdw, it makes linking tables much easier.

Thanks! Speaking of linking. Is there a way to put a short cut on a form to link with the other DB? I would prefer not to have the Database Utilities available for the users to touch, but they need to link every once an a while. If there is a way, can you help? Thanks for being so helpful & Prompt!

Provided Answers: 59
    you can link, or relink programatically
    you can also check to see if the link is valid, ie the linked table is present and if not take appropriate action (either shuitdown the DB unitll it becomes available OR relink)