Convert XLS to IIF anyone?

Trying to convert an Excel file into an IIF, anyone know how this could be done easily?

Quote Originally Posted by DackJaniels
    Trying to convert an Excel file into an IIF, anyone know how this could be done easily?
    Hi DackJaniels,
    What are you meaning about convert an Excel file into and IIF? XLS is the file format for Excel. IIF if an expression used for the ImmediateIf statement. The two are nothing of the same category. I think you're familiar with IF statements in Access? It gives you one of two arguments and I believe both are evaluated. IIF is said to be a shorter version of an If, Then, Else statement.

have a nice one,
    BUD

Hi Bud

looking at DackJanials other posts i assume that IIF is the Quickbooks format?

the only way i can think of doing this is to put the files into a text file then import from there but having never used quickbooks thats just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCoutts
    Hi Bud

looking at DackJanials other posts i assume that IIF is the Quickbooks format?

the only way i can think of doing this is to put the files into a text file then import from there but having never used quickbooks thats just a guess

Ooops....haha...wow. Live and learn. That's interesting as I have never heard of that as a format, but now I know...

thanks
    BUD

Convert XLS to IIF anyone?

An .iif file is a quickbooks file format. All you need to do once
    you have the header lines in place and you can get several examples of how to do this from the quickbooks web site is to save the excel sheet as a csv file with a .iif extension