Exclamation Unanswered: replmerg.exe crashing!

OK, I'm having fun here. I have 3 anonymous subscribers using merge replication all, including the server, on SQL 2000 Server SP3a.

2 of the 3 subscribers crash during the merge process, a Dr Watson error log comes up saying that the replmerg.exe has died.

I have checked for orphaned processes of the same name to no avail. Just in case I made a mistake, I rebooted the server to ensure that any orhpaned processes were killed. No Joy.

Does anyone have any idea what this would happen?

Call Microsoft. They'll want a stack trace.

You may want to check your SQL Server errorlog and see if it has a stack trace and try searching Support.Microsoft.Com on the call stack, starting at the top. If you aren't familiar w/ this, then you'll have to work w/ Microsoft to get the solution.

Although there may be a mistake with your configuration (something changed), no well-written software (replmerg.exe) should encounter unhandled exceptions - that is an error in the software.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams

San Antonio, TX
    Any anti-virus software running like a wild man on those 2 servers? Try to use MSCONFIG.EXE and turn off all non-MS services, see if this makes a difference.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."