Unanswered: Sorry if this is the wrong place but..

Hi all,

I would like to create an initial web page (intranet for when users logon to the network) which displays, based on their user id a list of availible ms access databases that they can open.

The problem is that when the link is clicked on the web page they are prompted to save or open the application, is there a way to make this behave as if it were a shortcut on their desktop?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by 130213
    Hi all,

I would like to create an initial web page (intranet for when users logon to the network) which displays, based on their user id a list of availible ms access databases that they can open.

The problem is that when the link is clicked on the web page they are prompted to save or open the application, is there a way to make this behave as if it were a shortcut on their desktop?

Andy
    This looks like something you would want to code into the webpage, not in Access but asp/php but even then I'm not sure if its possible, as it is rather undesirable for webpages/files to automatically start (considering viruses).

Depends on what you want, but couldn't you code an asp-page (or php) that dynamically access the databases and retrieves the information for the users? This would mean everything would be done on your intranet-pages, making it probably more user-friendly (you could design your own interface)..