Unanswered: How to replace Ucase() fuction in SQL Server

an example will be appriciated!!!

select upper('small letters')
    The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents.

Question

I am developing an application in VB 6.0 which has SQL SERVER which is been migrated from a MS-Access as a database. but in the process the fuctions used are that which are compatable to access and not sql server. How will I make the same application compatable with SQL SERVER?

EG:-
    1] Ability to convert all the queries using Ucase() without using IF-THEN-ELSE statement.
    like this query:-
    query = "update cus_customer_master set country='" & Address_Module.name_check(cboCountry) & "' where trim(Ucase(country))='" & Trim(Ucase(prev_country)) & "'"

A solution for the above query must work both in Access as well as SQL SERVER.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisal
    A solution for the above query must work both in Access as well as SQL SERVER.
    good luck

since you are using a scripting language, i suggest that you make it flip easily between the different versions of sql syntax, but you will probably have to use if-then-else scripting to do so

wait until you run into a query that involves date arithmetic or LIKE wildcards
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Red face

I tried to do that, but upper() is not a valid fuction in VB 6.0 and even if I try to use IF-THEN- ELSE then its giving an error.