Question Unanswered: SubForm/TabControl Update

Hi,

I'm working on a Db with a master form that has a tab control in the detail section of the form. Each tab access a different table within the Db with the master form being tied to the primary client table. In the form header I have two combo box look-ups. One for name and the other for ID. In the footer are control buttons that allow the user to navigate and add records.

The problem that I'm having is that when I add a new record and move to either an existing record or add another new record the newly created record is not available to view either in the combo box look-ups or by browsing through the records displayed in the form. However, when I go to the table the record(s) have been created no problem.

Initially, I had the from linked to a basic query that provided the link to the master form look-up and navigation with the forms in the tab control pointing directly to their respective tables. I then tried to have the master table point directly to the main client table. Neither provided a resolution to the problem.

My hunch is there is some record locking going on based on the main form and the tab control but I'm not sure a) what this is and b) how to resolve it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Chris

Are you requering after the new record is added ?
    Darasen

requery

I'm not specifically requesting the combo box to requery. No.

However, what is odd is one combo box shows the new record but when it's selected, it only goes back to the first record in the table and not the record selected.

Also, even if I move off the newly added record to a new record or an existing record, the the form (record controls) don't "see" the new record.

Chris

requery

I just checked and I have my recordset update for the combo box to reset after the main form is updated.

So After Update the recordset bookmark for the combo box is reset.

-C

Cool Suggestions?

Any other suggestions? Ideas?

Provided Answers: 59
    As Darasen has suggested, have you requried the combo box after you have added the new record.

A comobo box is not automatically updated, it takes a snapshot of the data at the time the from was loaded, if you want the combo box to reflect the new data then you need to requery the combobox