Exclamation Unanswered: sp_helpdb Problem plz help

i use sp_helpdb on one of my databases everyday to estimate growth.
    3 days in a row now i get the same results how could this be every day there are about 30000 record that gets inserted to my tables inside the db. should the information changed since it is growing in size ?

Provided Answers: 6
    hmmmm. i don't really know. Are you specifying your database name. Are you looking at the db_size in the first set of results and the file size in the second set of results?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

iam looking at both file size in MB and size of db overall in KB nothing is moving. yes iam specifing a database name ... bizzare?

Provided Answers: 6
    do these numbers match what is in the EM under database properties? And do you see space taken up on your hard drive everyday.

The BOL is a little sparse on this property in sp_helpdb, but I wonder if you have not used the space you alloted when you set your initial size.
    Last edited by Thrasymachus; 02-16-05 at 16:29.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

it is the same as the property in EM. and th disk sapce is growing a bit but very little. what do you mean by set my initial size