Thread: OLE LInking

Unanswered: OLE LInking

I am using Pervasive SQL and Btrieve. I have a lot of OLE links to documents, and they were all working fine. I have been using Windows 98 workstations and am now upgrading to 2000 with some XP. The links are now not working on the new workstations. If I resave the link it works fine.

Has anyone heard of this problem, or a resolution. I was hoping there would be a batch process of some sort that I could use, since there are thousands of files.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 4
    What does OLE links have to do with Pervasive/Btrieve? Are you storing OLE links in a Pervasive database? Are you using a third party application (like Maximizer or Peachtree or ???)? If so have you contacted the vendor of the application? Btrieve/Pervasive is just a database engine.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Yes, There is a app called Sustain Case Manager. I did notice that if I relink the document it now says its a "Package" whereas before it was called "Imaging.document". It works fine if its called a package, but I dont know the difference, or if there is a fast way to do it. Sorry I am a novice in this area, just need some guidance.

You need to contact Sustain. What you're talking about is a function of the appilcation (Sustain Case Manager) and not the database (Pervasive.SQL/Btrieve).
    Mirtheil Software

hi - i'm wondering if you can give me a hand. I am trying to store ole objects in a database and can't figure it out. I'm wondering how you got the ole objects into your database to begin with

Much appreciated.

David

Quote Originally Posted by b2bpro
    hi - i'm wondering if you can give me a hand. I am trying to store ole objects in a database and can't figure it out. I'm wondering how you got the ole objects into your database to begin with
    First, You need to start a new thread for a new question like this. Second,
    why do you want to store OLE objects in a database?
    Mirtheil Software

The reason for not starting a new thread is that it seems that this is what durilai has done and asking in this thread seems to be a way of comunicating with him (her?)

I want to put the ole object in a database because that is the appropriate place. The ole documents are attachments to various objects (purchase orders, work orders, etc.) in an ERP system. The actual documents are stored outside the database, but an ole link is maintained in the database table.

I apologise for not making another thread if this is not what durilai has done.