Unanswered: Subreports - page break doesn't work

I have a subreport that works perfectly when I open it by itself. That is, there are page breaks between each [task].

However, when I open the main report with the subreport, all the information is correct, except no page breaks between each [task].

I have tried placing the break control in both the detail section and the task footer section. Needless to say, both don't work in the main report but do work when opening the subreport by itself.

What am I doing wrong?

Chicago, IL
    I don't know how to fix the page break problem within the subreport, however I have had enough experience troubleshooting subreports that I have learned that sometimes it is easier to approach the issue from another way.

There are situations like you are experiencing that I will create a query that has both the report and subreport data in it. That way you don't have to use a subreport. Doing this will avoid all the flaky issues that might occur when you use several subreports or nested subreports 2 or 3 deep.

The gist of the approach is to create a query that is no longer normalized. So for example if you had a Project table and a Project Tasks table the data might look like:

ProjectID, ProjectName, BeginDate, etc.
    1, Project1, 02/18/05
    2, Project2, 02/15/05

ProjectTaskID,ProjectID, TaskName, etc.
    405, 1, Remove Something
    406, 1, Add Something
    407, 2, Do Something Else

The results of the query would look like:

ProjectID, ProjectName, BeginDate, ProjectTaskID, TaskName
    1, Project1, 02/18/05, 405, Remove Something
    1, Project1, 02/18/05, 406, Add Something
    2, Project2, 02/15/05 407, 2, Do Something Else

Then you can use a Project Header and Task Header etc.