Angry Unanswered: Data not in table

Hello,

I have a large database with tables and forms for data entry. With some of my forms, the data I enter show up in the corresponding table. The problem I'm having is this: some of the forms, when data is entered into them, the data do not show in their table; I hope I'm making sense here. Can someone please help me?

VE

Missing data

Are you sure you don't have any required fields in the table which aren't being populated from the form? It could be that a field isn't being populated which is required and somehow you're not seeing the error that it couldn't write the record. - Just a thought. Also, does the data which is missing in the tables show in the forms (it shouldn't if the record wasn't written.) If the record isn't missing but just some of the fields aren't populated, are you sure that those fields have a control source on the form itself (I take it you're using bound forms to a table/query.) I wasn't sure if your question implied that the entire record was missing or just some of the fields were missing information on that record.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Data lost in table

Thank you Paul. The entire data I enter is lost and I don't see it in the corresponding table. Not just some of the fields but all. Thanks.
    VE

How are you saving this data?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Lost Data

I would ask the same question as M Owen - How are you saving this data? Is this in a subform where maybe the Foreign Key isn't getting populated which wouldn't save the record if there was referential integrity on it to the main table? Again, are there any required fields which aren't getting populated? We would need more info or perhaps a sample of the database itself to help you unless you can explain a little more on how you have it set up and are saving the data.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)