Unanswered: Adding values in differnt tables

I know enough to get started but I dont know all that much.

Scenario:
    A used car business buys cars at auction and repairs them before they are sold. They need a way to track how much money is put into each car.

I have 2 tables, one for cars and one for repairs.
    They are linked in a one to many relationship. One car can have many repairs.

The car table has a purchase cost field, and the repair table has a repair cost field.

For each car I need a query that displays the car, each repair, and the sum of purchase cost and all repair costs associated with that car.

Thank you for help.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by achambe
    They need a way to track how much money is put into each car.

I have 2 tables, one for cars and one for repairs.
    They are linked in a one to many relationship. One car can have many repairs.
    My initial thought is to have a table for car attributes, and a table for 'Expenses' It may seem like symantics, but there may be more than just Repair costs associated with a car. You could have 'Repairs', 'Fuel', 'Taxes', 'Storage' expenses. If you had all expenses in a table you could have expense categories and sub categories. This would give structure for considerably more detailed data and business analisys. You would likely want one or more tables for list values to cantain types of Expenses, car models, etc.

~
    ~

Bill

thats not a bad idea...

but you didnt answer the question. How do I add it all up???