Unhappy Unanswered: SQL server export problem

When I try to export a SQL table into an Access database using the SQL Export/Import Wisward, the following error comes up:

"Source Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Error Description: Unspecified error

Could not find server 'LACATSData- vs 1' in sysservers. Execute
    sp_addlinkserver to add the server to sysservers.

Context: Error calling GetRowset to get DBSCHEMA_TABLES schema info. Your
    provider does not support all the schema rowsets required by DTS[/B]."

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Fishing Lesson

Go here and search on the following string: unspecified error Source Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Access Export Import

If that doesn't solve your problem, broaden your search.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams

Wink Frank

thanks for comments. Will look into it.

Unhappy Frank

No luck with Microsoft knowledge base. Any other comments?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 6
    Are you usingthe DTS designer or the wizard.

Let's get the basics out of the way.

I am pretty sure you are using the wizard. Your source should be Microsoft OLE DB PROVIDER FOR SQL SERVER with a sql server defined in the server field, login specified, and a database specified.
    Your destination should have Destination of Microsoft Access specified and the file name of your .mdb (it is a mdb file right? if it is a adp we have a different deal).
    A couple screens later you have to choose a table.

Is your Access file open?
    Is your MDAC up to data?
    ===========================================

My best guess here. It looks like SQL Server is looking for another SQLServer or a linked server setup through sql server to another data source. it should be looking for an access file which means you might not be specifying a driver for Access.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Can you try a different server name? The hyphen and spaces give me the heebie geebies.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams

Red face Frank

Thanks for comments.

I am using the SQL Export Wizard
    I do have Microsoft OLE DB PROVIDER FOR SQL SERVER as source with database defined. Database name is LACATSDATA
    Do have a true Access database selected - ie. .mdb.

MDAC up to date.

Access database not open.

Note: The SQL database (LACATSDATA) that I am exporting from does have linked ado tables to an Access database (LACATS- vs 1.0) that is used for front end entry work.

Question Frank

My Server name is Frank. The SQL database does not have hypens in it. It's name is LACATSDATA. The Access database I am exporting to is called Queries.

Where is this 'LACATSData- vs 1' coming from?

Red face Frank

What I did was upsize the Access LACATSData- vs 1.0 database to a sql version. The SQL version is named LACATSData- vs 1.0SQL.

Hope that helps.

Comments???

If you mean that the SQL Instance has that name, then the name may be your problem. Punt that and give it a whirl. Actually, just remove the instance name and use the default instance.

If that's not what you mean, then what the heck do you mean by sql version?

Wait, is that your database name? If it is, rename it or it will continue to give you grief. In the near term, you need to use [] around it.

Simplify, simplify, simplify.