Unhappy Unanswered: Is there a way to judge what cause database corruption?

Hi All,
    I am a new member and i just join as my access database corrupted again & again. i read from microsoft site that there are lot of reasons for corruption of database. My question is : "Is there anyway we can find out what caused database corruption?" like some information in the system tables of access database? or some other way?
    Kind help out!

Not really ... You can figure out the most likely culprit by a process of elimination ... And you could also do levels of action logging ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Can you please elaborate the "process of elimination" and "action logging". how can we do this?

Quote Originally Posted by nooremustafa
    Can you please elaborate the "process of elimination" and "action logging". how can we do this?
    'Process of elimination' is secret code for 'logical thinking' or, code-logical-thinking: "Reduce all other possibilities and whatever you are left with, however improbable it is, must be the truth." (Sherlock Holmes I think?)

So: Reduce all variabilities to zero or at least a minimum to see at what point things go wrong. How to do this with a corrupt database is difficult I guess. Does it give errors? When does it happen? Etc.

'Action logging' I dont know, but I could imagine it being te debug.printing every step untill an error occurs so you can find out at what point errors occur.

If you're luck has run out, your whole database or user-interface was badly designed, causing the errors, meaning: Back to the drawing board.

There are many reasons for a database getting corrupted - The database is too big (over 1 gig in size and Access falls over badly). Too many users connected to the database - Access isn't really a multi-user database unless you use the Access data project. The compiled p-code in access getting out of synch with the VBA code.

You can take preventative actions. Split the database into a front and back-end (use the database splitter wizard to help you). Repair and Compact the database every time you use the database. Create a new database and import all the objects into the new database on a regular basis. Or you can use a source control tool

Justin