Question Unanswered: Change icon in toolbar button

Hi every one.

Is there any way to change the icon in a custom toolbar button but not with the one that access gives? When i customize the button i can change the icon but i can select only some icons that access gives. I would like to use some other.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes you can and here is how you can do it. The trick is to copy the icon you want to use into the clipboard. Open your favourite icon editor, copy the image to the clipboard then go to MSAccess.

- Open toolbars for Customize (right click on a toolbar then select Customize...);
    - Select the Commands tab in the Customize dialog window;
    - Click onto (highlight) the button you wish to change.
    - Select the Modify Selection button located in the Customize dialog window.
    - From the popup menu displayed, select Paste Button Image.
    - Close the Customize dialog window.

Sorry to but in on this thread, but I have a related question. Is there a way to change the button image at run time?

I have a database that handles all of my company's maintenance items. Some of these items are preemtively scheduled, so the status of a machine can be changed by the database if something already scheduled becomes due.

We have a lot of these preventative items in the system, with plenty more on the way. Right now I have the database output a message box whenever a tool status is changed, but that's going to become very annoying having to click "OK" ten or so times at the beginning of the day.

I'd rather store the messages in another table and have a button that lights up when there are new system messages to view.

Suggestions??

Thumbs up

It works perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your help!

This forum have been a lot of help to me and the guys here are fantastic with the help they provide.

Greetings from greece!

Hi Lint Diggy,

You should have started a new thread for this.

What you can do is place your DB messages into a table specificly designed for your preventative maintenance messages. At the beginning of each day (or even during the day) this table should be automatically queried to see if there are any new maintenance messages. If so, then a report is issued displaying these messages or relational work orders are issued to deal with these messages at hand.

Your Messages table should contain the means to indicate that the message or messages have been read and handled accordingly and any relationships with machine work orders are delt with as well. This, of course, would be delt with by way of Date and or Time including completion Date and Time of specific work orders or tasks.

This process can be as simple or as complicated as you like to make it. There are many growing variables involved with maintenance (of any kind) and therefore I feel a specific table designed to handle your maintenance messages may be the way to go.

Hope this has helped you in some small way.