Unanswered: User Tables/Views transfer between Production and Test Servers

Hello
    I have a production database that i need to refresh to our test environment daily. The database size is 700 MB.
    I do not need to transfer the stored procedures and triggers , users and logins.
    Would a DTS package that runs every night be the best and the easiest solution to implement or should i look into log shipping and snapshot replication.

thanks

Provided Answers: 6
    DTS will be easier to maintain and create than log shipping or replication. In my opinion at least.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Performance Issues ?

Thanks for ur message.
    I am a novice in DTS and i just followed the GUI to select tables that i want to copy and the option to overwrite all the data in the tables.
    If all we need is the data in the tables refreshed from the the production to test do i need to transfer all the indexes, triggers and primary and foreign key everytime i run the DTS package. I have uncheck the drop and recreate tables option in my package.

Also is there a preference of putting the DTS package on our test vs live environment. Is there more of a performance impact on the server that actually holds the package ? I want this process to not affect the live system performance as much as possible.

thanks