Thread: SQL Loader

Unanswered: SQL Loader

Can someone help me to find out if my Oracle DB can use SQL Loader. I understand the code that must be in the control file, but how do you call the control file? Can someone send me some code examples.
    Thanks!
    Todd
    Todd Farino
    Timet Corporation
    todd.farino@timet.com

http://www.orafaq.com/faqloadr.htm

a la google.
    That's where I learned to use sql loader, has code examples galore.

Go to command prompt run the following command.

sqlldr username@SID/password control=controlfile.txt

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by prakashs
    Go to command prompt run the following command.

sqlldr username@SID/password control=controlfile.txt
    ... and you're about to receive SQL*Loader-500: Unable to open file (controlfile.txt)

As of your question, Todd, your Oracle DB surely CAN use SQL*Loader. But: if you installed only (for example) typical Developer Suite and NOT the database on your computer, you won't find the sqlldr.exe (on Windows platform; sqlload on VMS; might have other name on other platforms). Therefore, you'll need to use a DB custom installation and install only product(s) you need - Loader in this case.

Follow the link RhythmAddict provided, along with this and/or this page.

Cool

[QUOTE=Littlefoot]... and you're about to receive SQL*Loader-500: Unable to open file (controlfile.txt)

As of your question, Todd, your Oracle DB surely CAN use SQL*Loader. But: if you installed only (for example) typical Developer Suite and NOT the database on your computer, you won't find the sqlldr.exe (on Windows platform; sqlload on VMS; might have other name on other platforms). Therefore, you'll need to use a DB custom installation and install only product(s) you need - Loader in this case.

Follow the link RhythmAddict provided, along with this and/or this page.[/QUOTE

The question was "how do you call the control file?" not sql loader is available .