Unanswered: Invaild Object Name

Thanks in advance!

I am in the process of creating a means for users to access data via views using MS Excel. The views I have created "pull" from data in two different databases into a third. I also wanted to use the data as well in some web reporting that I do. The problem I ran into in the web app is that it giving me the following error.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'dbo.NVoltHSCLConsolProduction'

What did I miss in creating the views?

Thanks,
    lee

Provided Answers: 6
    I assume NVoltHSCLConsolProduction is the name of your view? Can you access it from the QA and EM?

Try taking off the dbo in the reference.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Yes, NVoltHSCLConsolProduction is the name of the view.

Yes, I can access it from both QA and EM as well as with MS Excel.

I use Dreamweaver UD for web apps and it's query building tool will access it as well.

I tried dropping the dbo, but did not help!

Provided Answers: 6
    I am assuming we have some kind of ownership \ permissions issue here. I am not familiar with Dreamweaver UD. What kind of web application is it? Is at ASP, PHP etc... If it is ASP I would check to see if the security context of the IIS web server (the IUSR_... account) has permissions to access the view.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

DW UD is for creating ASP. I have used views in the asp before. However they were views of data in that particular db.

Sounds like you need to fully qualify your view with a three part name:
    Code:
    Select thingamajig
    From TheDatabase.dbo.NVoltHSCLConsolProduction
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams

The reason why you're not getting the error when using the view in EM and QA may be because of the default database setting for the account with which you registerd the server in EM and connected to in QA. Follow Max's advise.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."