Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: db2move error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    63

    Unanswered: db2move error

    Hi
    I am using DB2 8.2 on solaris

    I have to move one database from one server to another.

    I took db2move export on first server and ftpd the all files to second server.

    on second server when i gave
    db2move dbname import -io replace

    got the following error

    *** SQLCODE: -1086 - SQLSTATE:
    *** SQL1086C An operating system error "" occurred.

    Looking for bind file in current directory ...

    Bind file: db2move.bnd

    *** SQLCODE: -1086 - SQLSTATE:
    *** SQL1086C An operating system error "" occurred.
    --

    I am executing the db2move command from the loc where i copied all the files.

    quick help is appreciated
    Thx
    Mohd

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    448
    The db2move.bnd command is in the <Instance_home>/sqllib/bnd, check if it is there.

    Check the environment of the instance owner or whoever running the command.

    There is no problem of running the db2move from that location.

    If problem persists.

    change your diaglevel.

    Also if needed bind the packages in db2cli.lst and db2ubind.lst

    regards

    Mujeeb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    63
    Thx Mujeeb,

    The db2move.bnd file is there in instance_home/sqllib/bnd location.

    what we need to do for this

    "Check the environment of the instance owner or whoever running the command."

    I am running db2move command as instance owner only.
    Mohd

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    63
    Hi Mujeeb,

    I tried to update the diaglevel to 4
    when i gave update command from /u01/dumps it gave me error

    db2 update dbm cfg using diaglevel 4

    got this error
    DB21019E An error occurred while accessing the directory ".".

    but when i gave the same command from instance home dir

    it got updated .

    what is this issue.
    Mohd

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    db2 ? DB21019E


    DB21019E An error occurred while accessing the directory
    "<directory>".

    Explanation:

    The following could have caused the error:

    o directory permissions do not allow access

    o the directory does not exist



    User Response:

    Correct the error and resubmit the command.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    448
    I have the same environment at yours only I am using db2 version 8.1.5.

    Try to do these things and check whether you are again getting the same error.

    1. Read the db2profile in the terminal window at /u01/dumps and try to
    update the dbm

    2. connect to the database and bind the packages that I told you.

    You can run db2rbind with all options to check if any error occurs.



    mujeeb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •