Question Unanswered: error [I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x000001ad65a000

When we try to run aggregation or purge queries on some tables
    we are getting following message:

" error [I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x000001ad65a000 in file 'E:MSSQL2KDataGenesys_DataMartGenesys_Datamart.mdf '. Severity 24, State 2, Procedure 'PWMGENESYSDB1 n u! ll', Line 1]"

After this we executed DBCC CHECKDB. Attaching the output obtained after executing this command, to fix these errors we executed DBCC repair_allow_data_loss. I am attaching output for this also. Pls go thru the logs and pls let me know what could be the problem and how it can be addressed.

Thnx & Rgds
    Malla
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 11
    If this is a production system where uptime is important, you are probably looking at a restoration from backup. If you have time on your hands, you can try DBCC with repair_allow_data_loss a second time, as the first seems to have repaired one error. Microsoft support will probably advise the restore as well, since you can not really be sure what or how much data is going to be lost with repair_allow_data_loss.

Be sure to check in the Windows System Event Log for disk errors, as you may have a bad controller or bad disk on this server. If the hardware is not fixed, you may see this come up again and again.

You should not have run with repair_allow_data_loss clause! All you had to do was to drop constraints on the offending tables (you had ONLY 2, and they were spelled out both with names and object IDs!!!), drop indexes on them, BCP data out of those tables, truncate the offending tables, re-create indexes, BULK INSERT data back in, and re-create constraints.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    If this is a production system where uptime is important, you are probably looking at a restoration from backup...
    That's a drag, isn't it?!
    Last edited by rdjabarov; 02-24-05 at 23:35.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."