Thread: Odd Problem

Unanswered: Odd Problem

I don't know if anyone else has come across this.

I'm working with Access XP and wanted to do some debugging on a trivial bit of code. I put a Stop command in the code so that I could step through and trace the changes in variables. The code did not stop just carried on! I tried this a few times, no progress.

Out of curiousity I created a blank database and imported everything. The Stop worked fine, so I renamed the database and set the Startup form, opened it and tried again. Stop did not work. I've done this a couple of times and it seems that if I set up a start from I can't get the Stop command to interrupt code execution.

I'm wondering if it's my copy of Access, when I get home I'll try to duplicate the error. Just wondered if anyone elses has had this?

;-|

Maybe something in the start up form forces the code not run past the stop command. try putting the stop command in the start up form and see where the code takes you
    Justin

Running Access 2002 sp-2 im not obtaining the same error,
    all my code is a stop call another module then stop again both of these Stop commands work ive tried various options of startup options but still cant get the execution to not stop

Thanks - I've tried reproducing this at home with no success, I even sent the database to myself. It must be something on the PCs setup at work.

When our IT guys installed Access XP they didn't do it properly (missing wizards, helpfiles etc) so I guess this is part of something they've botched on the installation.

Thanks again for the help.

In your startupcode you're setting some of the db properties, right?

Dim dbs As Database
    Set dbs = CurrentDb

with dbs
    .Properties("AllowSpecialKeys") = False
    .Properties("AllowBreakIntoCode") = False
    end with

You may want to set AllowBreakIntoCode to true
    Roy-Vidar

thanks Roy, but no. the database is still in the early stages so I haven't set up any startup code yet. I only set the startup form out of habit really.

I'm just putting this one down to the installation of Access. (I've repaired the database imported all its objects into a new database etc etc, and as posted earlier sent it to myself at home where it behaves differently.)

Thanks again for the suggestions.