Unanswered: Front-end packages

Howdy all.

I'm currently trying to set up a record keeping system for my fathers small business.

He is, however, only used to a pencil and paper system, and, though he recognizes that he has to go digital, is far from comfortable using the computer to begin with.

Can anyone recommend a good front-end package for MS Access that's both cheap and very user-friendly? He also wants my sister to help with it, so if it could be used on a small network, that'd be a great bonus as well.

Things like security, speed etc. aren't really a big concern.

You could try MYOB (mind you own buisness) or Quickbooks. They are both accounts packages for small businesses. They are designed to be easy to use and can be used on a network. They are not front ends to Access, but stand-alone packages
    Justin

Not quite what I had in mind.

My apologies, I was unspecific.

My dad has a small service-based business. He mostly wants something to help him with customer tracking.

Asides from what services which customers have used, he wants to track things like referrals, promotional events, invitations etc.

You could try these products:

http://www.frontrange.com/goldmine/goldmine_demos.asp - a crm package that can link to Outlook

Or you could try this free download from microsoft:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...178391033.aspx

This is an Access contact management database that you could use as a template to develop further. There may well be other templates you could use under Office Templates.

microsoft also has a business contact application that links to outlook (see the microsoft web site)
    justin