Unanswered: Converting Access to VB Program

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there is a way in which to convert an access database into a vb program.

Failing that is there a way to import the database forms into my VB project?

One option is to turn your database into a MDE file. An MDE compiles all modules, removes all editable source code, and compacts the destination database. Your VB code will continue to run, but it cannot be viewed or edited.

Make a copy of your database and then go to Tools -> Database Utilities -> Make MDE file. Make sure to keep a copy of the original because the MDE contains no source code.

Im pretty sure there are some add-ons that allow you to turn it into an exe but I cant think of them at the moment...

Hope this helps a bit

I've heard of something called accesstovb that is supposed to do that, though I can't say how well. Try a search for accesstovb.

You can use the Access commands Application.SaveAsText and Application.LoadFromText to save/load any form, report or module as a VB text file. You maybe able to load this into VB. These commands are hidden, but you can do a search on the web to find out how they are used
    Justin

There are commercial programs that convert Access files to VB6 or other format. Quite expensive for a single/less productive user.

Try a Google search on "Access to VB6 converter"
    Regards