Unanswered: Changing Node address in oem

We have recently changed the server domain name. Earlier it <servername>. <company 1>.com now it <servername>.<company 2>.corp
    This server has been registered as one of the node in oem (8.1.7)
    How can I modify the node to reflect this name change?
    Or the only way is to get rid of existing node and re-create the new one pointing to new server domain. The problem with this is then I have to de-register events and drop jobs linked to this server.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reema

Provided Answers: 1
    Have you tried Refresh All Nodes?

If that doesn't work , then I think your only option is to do as you were saying (i.e. drop existing & discover).
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

If I try to refresh the node, it asks me to de-register the events and remove the jobs on this node. But after I de-register the event, it just shows registration pending. WHat could be the reason?

Is there any other way to get rid of the old node.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    I think you're going to be stuck on this one - if you've changed the domain name then any registered events/jobs etc are going to be pointing to the wrong domain. My advice to use Refresh was more in hope than anything.

Any events & jobs that are registered at the moment should be in the events/jobs libraries - you'll need to delete all the existing events/jobs, but you can easily create new ones by copying from the respective libraries. Be sure to make a list of ALL current events & jobs & when they're scheduled to run before deleting them, just in case the ones in the libraries contain old information.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.