Unanswered: Current session details

Can you tell from within the current session what it's sid and serial# are? Something like:

Code:
    connect forbesc@dev
    password: ******

connected

select * from v$session where sid = CURRENT_SID and serial# = CURRENT_SERIAL#
    Oracle has to track this information so it can tell the difference between two or more sessions owned by the same logon, and so I'm hoping to be able to find this information as well.

-Chuck

Hi,

Code:
    select * 
    from   v$session 
    where  audsid = userenv('SESSIONID')
    Hth
    Bill
    Please don't email me directly with questions. I've probably just got home from the pub and cannot guarantee the sanity of my answers. In fact, I can't believe I actually made it home.

You can get sid, serial# from v$session based on billm's query. You can also use SYS_CONTEXT instead of USERENV, which will give you a ton more things associated with the current user:

http://www.psoug.org/reference/sys_context.html
    Steven Karam
    Oracle 10g Certified Master
    Web: OrclDBA.com
    Email: steve@orcldba.com

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm after.

So will the AUDSID be unique enough to use it as the equivalent of a primary key in order to uniquely identify a connection?

The documentation on v$session doesn't mention anything about it's uniqueness, as it does for the SERIAL# field.

-Chuck

Actually, I'll use the AUDSID and the LOGIN_TIME together to create a unique record.

Thanks for your help...again.
    -Chuck