Unanswered: I can't view my pages

Hi,
    i'm a very starter of asp.net programming and i can't start my application.
    i have a client - server network between two pc's. On the first pc i have install Windows 2000 Advanced Server, SQL SERVER 2000 and the IIS. On the second, i have installed the Visual Basic.net environment. I would like to programm my web applications in the second (client) pc and read data from the database from the Server.
    In what pc i must store my application and my asp pages? the problem is that
    i can't view the default web site of the Web Server(1st pc) from the client (2nd pc) and i dont't know what to do in order to programm in Asp.net in the 2nd pc, read data from the 1st pc and 'load' the pages in the Web Server in the 1st pc.

i hope i didn't confuse you.
    Thanx in advance.

You can create your pages on either machine providing you have network access between the two. The real question is what do you really want to do?

Personally I'd store all the web pages on the first pc and create a share so that I could edit them from the second PC.

When you say you can't view the default web page on the 1st machine what do you actually mean? What happens when you try?

I can't view my pages

Sorry, rokslide, i was not so clear.
    i have two pc's, a Web server (and SQL Server 2000) and a Client. The default Web page of the 1st pc is http://1stpc/localstart.asp and i can see it when i'm in the 1st pc.
    When i'm in the 2nd pc (the client) and i'm trying to see the page, the result is:
    "Under Construction
    The site you were trying to reach does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded.
    Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator."

So, my question is: i would like to programm with asp.net in the 2nd pc and i want (later) all the clients of my Intranet can see (through the Web Server ) the application.
    How can i do this?
    i have to store the application in the Web server or in the client pc?

i hope i was more clear this time.
    Thanx in advance.

When you are on the second PC what is the url you are using to see the page on the first PC??

The rest of things really depend on how you want to set your network up. The unltimate answer is that you can put your web application on either PC. But if my understanding of what you are trying to do is correct you will want to put it on the first PC.

I can't view my pages

I just put http://1stpc_name/ and the message is what i wrote yesterday.
    In which folder should the default page of the Server (1st pc) be stored?
    I think that if i solve this problem, i will manage to continue.
    Thanks for your time rokslide.I will use your advice.

They should be in whatever directory you have assigned to your default web page, something like C:/inetpub/wwwroot is the standard default.

It's a bit strange though, in theory you are doing everything right. Are you including the page name in your url? or have you configured the web site with the default page?

I can't view my pages

Ok, rokslide. Thanks a lot.
    i have one more question :
    In which pc should the asp.net application be stored?
    i'll create the application in the client pc.

Personally I'd put it on the first machine.

I can't view my pages

Thanx rokslide.
    I'll follow your advice.