Thread: Dump and Load

Unanswered: Dump and Load

Hi All

Can anybody help me with my problem. I'm a bit uncertain with dumping data from database in ASE12.5.0.3 and loading it on database with the same configuration but differrent version(ASE12.5.3). Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbanayos
    Hi All

Can anybody help me with my problem. I'm a bit uncertain with dumping data from database in ASE12.5.0.3 and loading it on database with the same configuration but differrent version(ASE12.5.3). Please help!

Thanks in advance!
    Loading a dump in a server with a higher versino will work. The objects will be upgraded and you can continue using it.
    The other way isn't possible. Loading a dump in a lower-version-database won't work.

Good luck!
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Clearly agree with Martijnvs you will have no issues and the objects will be upgraded; keeping in mind the new or upgraded SYBASE Server Process needs to be of like configuration and your sysusages on your old SYBASE Server Process were built exactly the same on the new SYBASE Server Process. (Where appropriate consolidating data and log devices for efficient administration if desired; where as a database may have many alters on it. Giving the DBA an opportunity to clean-up the sysusages on the new SYBASE Server Process).

Cheers