Cool Unanswered: Display fields based on Combobox selection

I created a Combobox that lists 3 fields EmpID,Firstname,Surname, from an Employee table. When user selects a record, the EmpID is stored in the field - OK so far. Is there a way I can also display (read only) the Firstname, Surname? Ideally, I will display these beneath EmpID. Therefore, essentially, I want to retrieve 3 separate fields from the Employee table based on one user selection.
    Thanks.

Use the column propety of the combo box to display any of the columns in the combo box. The columns are numbered from 0 to the number of columns less 1. You would use code such as

' Get the third column value from the selected item in the combo box
    Me("My Text Box").Value = Me("My Combo Box").Column(2)

Justin

Question Display multiple fields from Combobox selection

Thanks for replying. I inserted the code you suggested in the "After update" property of the combobox but nothing happened i.e. text box remained blank. The combobox is on a subform. Is "Me." the right thing to use? Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a newbie with access!

Did you select an item from the combo box? This will trigger the afterupdate event.
    The Me property is a VBA shortcut to reference the current form/report and is correct
    Justin