Unanswered: Can't Access a file?

I am getting a message when I try to access a file on our network. It worked for part of the day, then it won't let ANYONE access it. What could be wrong??

Thank You,
    Michael
    Gotta to do some code

And what is this message???
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Microsoft Access can't find the database file "MyFileName"

I know it is there, I have been using it all day. All computers over the network (Including mine) can access all the other .mdb files in this Folder?

Any Ideas?
    Michael
    Gotta to do some code

I checked the securities on the folder and it has full access? Not sure what I can do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't???

Any ideas?
    Michael
    Gotta to do some code

have you tried copying it off the network and onto your workstation? It sounds like it could do with a decompile, repair and re-compile. Once you have managed that, simply upload the copy to overwrite the original AFTER you have checked that nobody else has made any changes (send an email round prior to you doing the work notifying them that that particular database will be out of action for a little while.)

cruickshanks, Thank you for your quick response.

I have the file set to compile and repair each time before it closes. Is there something I should do different than this? I am fairly new to access.

The odd thing: There are 4 databases in the folder on the computer were we get the files. Two of the files I get with no problem. The other 2 I cannot get??

Any help or ideas would be great!

Michael
    Gotta to do some code

I would only repair and compile a database if there has been a large volume of data changes in the database, but then again, there are several schools of thought on that.

Are the tables in the four databases all interlinked i.e. databases 2 and three could both be linked to database 4, causing a sharing violation.Try creating a temporary sub-directory and move the file you are trying to open into there if all the other databases aren't linked to it. It'll show then if someone else decided to play around with something they probably should have left alone.