Unanswered: ASE 12.5.3-64bit SSL HELP PLEASE

Requesting assistance and guidance with generating and requesting a third party (like verisign) CA Certificate and what to do with the CA cert once received. I have the process down for creating a self-signed cert for testing purposes, although a bit confused on what the process is for requesting and implementing a 'real' certificate. Environment ASE 12.5.3-64bit on Solaris 2.8. The present process I have down for creating a self-singed test CA Certificate:
    1. Use certreq to generate a MasterCA_req.txt and MasterCA_pkey.txt.
    2. Use certauth to create trusted.txt file by certauth -r -C MasterCA_req.txt -Q MasterCA_req.txt -K MasterCA_pkey.txt -O trusted.txt.
    3. Use certreq again to generate certificate for ASE 'servername'_req.txt and 'servername_pkey.txt.
    4. Use certauth to create 'servername'.crt file; certauth -C trusted.txt -Q 'servername'_req.txt -K MasterCA_pkey.txt -O 'servername'.crt
    5. Then append 'servername_pkey.txt to the 'servername'.crt.
    6. Create 'servername'.txt by copying trusted.txt to 'servername'.txt.
    7. Place 'servername'.crt and 'servername'.txt and trusted.txt in appropriate areas.
    This all works great, where I am confused is how the process is different for generating a certificate for submission to a third party vendor, what to do when I get the third party vendor certificate back, how to put it all together. Please advise the proper steps involved. Thank you!

Does your server start with no probs?

I'm attempting to test secure connection to Sybase for which I went through the steps you outlined. I also followed the sybase documentation but my server never starts after configuring it for SSL.

Here's the error I get:
    120607: Certificate load from file `c:\sybase\ASE-12_5\certificates\myserver.crt`: failed, error 2002 - EZBadDataErr.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.