Unanswered: Logical problem, need help with calendar application

Hello. I am in need of assistance with a logical problem I have that deals with an online calendar application written in asp.
    Basically, I have a main "add event" control panel page, that has date of event, message, added by, etc. This page also has 4 check boxes associated with different calendar types, so who ever is adding an event, can check whichever checkbox(es) they want to add to whichever calendar type.
    For example, say I want have an athletic calendar which stores only dates and events about athletic stuff, then I have a student calendar which only has events for students, then I have an overall/misc calendar for everything else.
    Then, when a visitor to the site goes to the athletic calendar, they pull up events from the database that are associated with the athletic events, and so on for the other two calendar types.

Now, I would like know the logical steps to set up an access database to correlate with the front end checkboxes on the main "add event control panel page" described earlier. Does that make any sense?
    If you need to look at what I am talking about, go here http://www.campuslife.ttu.edu/calend.../add_event.asp as I have set up a check box page/frontend already, but it doesn't work yet.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by thespursfan
    I have set up a check box page/frontend already, but it doesn't work yet.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate it.
    Would it be the database that doesn't work? or a portion of it?

Oh, right now as I have it set up, I just have the check boxes there for show. They don't associate with anything on the database right now. They are just there to emphasize how I would eventually like it to look like.

The database and calendar works, but not how I want it to.

Provided Answers: 59
    As Poliarci requests, what is the problem in Access that you are requesting help on?

I see. Basically, pretend like nothing works and I am starting from scratch. I want to know what my options are for such a set up as I described in my first post. Can I have one big table that all the data is stored to, and each one has an id for the type of calendar it is? Then when I want to display each certain calendar, pull out the information from the one big table that only deals with that calendar type? But with that set up I wouldn't have the functionality of having multiple events for multiple calendar types. So, that's pretty much what I would like to find out. It's not necessarily a technical question, more logical. Sorry if this is confusing. Let me know if you don't understand and I will try to clarify further. Thanks for any help you can provide.