Unanswered: Same query, different results

I am running the same exact query in SQL 2000 and I get different results. Should I try running DBCC CHECKDB and look for errors?
    jaraba

Different results

That shouldn't matter. You should get the same results regardless unless there's something different with the way your query is constructed. I don't think running dbcc checkdb is going to matter (at least I've never had different results by running dbcc checkdb.) I'm guessing something else is going on.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Maybe it is and indexing problem
    jaraba

Provided Answers: 6
    Please explain a little further. Are you running the same query on the same table?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Different results

Indexing shouldn't matter other than speeding up the results. I'm still guessing something else is going on. Can you give an example? If you have Access or another program, can you try running it in Access (i.e link the tables) and see if you get different results? It just seems wierd that you'd get different results each time you run the query unless some kind of updating is taking place.

Different results

Indexing shouldn't matter other than speeding up the results. I'm still guessing something else is going on. Can you give an example? If you have Access or another program, can you try running it in Access (i.e link the tables) and see if you get different results? It just seems wierd that you'd get different results each time you run the query unless some kind of updating is taking place.