Unanswered: selected records on a Continuous Form

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is ANY way to determine the selected records on a continuous form and iterate through them? (Something like for each record in recordset.selected?)

I need this, because i want to perform certain action only on the selected records.

Thanks in advance.

have a look at the SelTop and SelHeight property of a form. that should give you a start

You could also add a tick box (a yes/no field) to your table - the user selects the records they want to work with by a query or manually selecting records

justin's way would be best as there is (as far as I know) to have a real multiselect in a subform - meaning you can select a continuous range but several single records

Quote Originally Posted by irenicuz
    Hi all,

I was wondering if there is ANY way to determine the selected records on a continuous form and iterate through them? (Something like for each record in recordset.selected?)

I need this, because i want to perform certain action only on the selected records.

Thanks in advance.
    On a continuous forms form you cannot have multiple selected records ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

However, you can view that specific record on a form. You could then get the requied data from other records that way and perform calculations. If you need any help getting a button to select a specific record, post back in here, i have something that might give you a start point to go from.

You could use a tickbox on the form but you'd have to bind it to (new) field in your underlying table. You could then loop through the records in the table checking which ones are ticked.

If you don't bind it to the table Access applies the tick to all records that are displayed as it is acting on an iteration of a single control type as created in design view.