Unanswered: Can you control islation levels through the ODBC driver?

Gang,

I have need to run a querry using dirty read. I have tried several variants of the 'set isolation to dirty read' , but everytime I get syntax errors....possibly the syntax for set isolation doesn't pass through ODBC well....

I am writing the sql in a windows application accessing a informix database on a linux server...using the Informix ODBC driver.

Is there a way that I can change the max isolation level of the ODBC driver?
    I couldn't find anything in the ODBC setup, or any of the other applications that came with the Infocmix CSDK.
    I am totally aware that if I restrict at the ODBC level, everything I do on this box will run a dirty....but I am OK with that and I will still sleep well at night...

Forgive my ignorance if this sounds like a silly question, I am still a rookie with databases...

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Best Regards

Mark-
    Last edited by bigforky; 03-03-05 at 17:55.

We run ms-access against informix through ODBC and for a dirty read we create a passthrough query with "set isolation ...".
    So I think you need to browse the ODBC api's to find how to create passthrough from your own windows application.
    Yves & Willy

Mmmm

I tried this once before and didn't have great luck with making it work.

Agian...a novice with databases in general....

Any tips?
    I'll keep reading up on how to passthrough to access too...

Thanks for sparking interest in this direction again...

Best regards,

Mark-