Thread: Jobs for days

Cool Jobs for days

Just so you know, theres a shortage of good database professional. And anyone who was around during the late 90's know the market is back. Even if your not on the market know please go to the job opportunities and see what the market is doing. After all. I'm a Oracle/SQL Server dba too,
    this is just some of the stuff i get on a daily basis.

http://www.dbforums.com/f246

you ain't kidding.

I posted in 3 spots and I sent out about 10 resumes 2 1/2 weeks ago and the emails and phone calls keep coming. And anyone who watches this forum knows I only know what I am talking about a little more than half the time. I am asking for a 10K raise and no one is flinching. I am thinking about making it 15. I am turning away third party headhunters and anyone outside of a 30 minute commute.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by garrydawkins
    Just so you know, theres a shortage of good database professional. And anyone who was around during the late 90's know the market is back. Even if your not on the market know please go to the job opportunities and see what the market is doing. After all. I'm a Oracle/SQL Server dba too,
    this is just some of the stuff i get on a daily basis.

http://www.dbforums.com/f246

I'm a Oracle and SQL DBA too. I keep getting too many contract offers. If I were out of work I'd jump on them but I need more security.