Cool Unanswered: Excel: "Combination drop-down edit" form

Hi, the icon on the forms toolbar for the “combination drop-down edit” form is inactive. How do I activate it? The “list box” and “combo box” both are active. But the “combination drop-down edit” form would be helpful for what needs to happen on my spreadsheet. If you know the answer or would like additional info, please email me.

Thanks, muchly appreciated!
    Trevan

the “combination drop-down edit” is not a worksheet control, if you can manage without just use a combo box,

the control is a MS Excel 5.0 dialog control and if you must have it create an dialog sheet put the control on and then copy accross, i dont know if there will be any problems with it as it hasnt been included in the worksheet collection of the form controls and MS must of had a reason for not including it

Dave

Dialogue box

Hey Dave, thanks for the answer. Would you mind being a bit more specific on how to create a dialog box.....I tried saving a spreadsheet as an "Excel 5.0/95" format. Not too sure how to create the dialog box and copy it over.

Anyways, any further help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Trevan

trevanw@hotmail.com
    trevan.williams@shell.com

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCoutts
    the “combination drop-down edit” is not a worksheet control, if you can manage without just use a combo box,

the control is a MS Excel 5.0 dialog control and if you must have it create an dialog sheet put the control on and then copy accross, i dont know if there will be any problems with it as it hasnt been included in the worksheet collection of the form controls and MS must of had a reason for not including it

Dave

right click on worksheet insert choose ms excel dialog 5.0

Thanks David, that worked!

That's great. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCoutts
    right click on worksheet insert choose ms excel dialog 5.0