Unanswered: Replicating data over the Internet

I have SQL Server running on my internal LAN. I want to have a second SQL Server running on a hosted (shared) website. I then would like these servers to talk to each other. At some scheduled time I need to publish data to the web, and I then need to subscribe to data input on the web by various clients. My internal LAN can see the Internet via our cable modem.

What is the best way to do this? What software will I need to run. I'm looking for the big picture.

Thanks for the help everyone.

you can to consider a few factors to do that. In term of data sync. and data security.
    What is your plan right now?

Cape Town , South Africa

Exclamation Replication

HI ,

Can you connect through the firewall to the other sql server? If os than you can start setting SQl server replication.

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    I think VPN might be the most secure and easiest method.

Alternatively, you would have to open up the firewall where the remote machine is located to listen to the IP address of the remote SQL Server and the port SQL Server is using (usually 1433). Please see the topic "Connections to SQL Server Over the Internet" in Books Online.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Take a look at this article:

I hope it help,