Unanswered: how to drop start & stop codes when barcode scanned?

Hi guys, I hope somebody can help me or point me in the right direction at least.If I have a product that when scanned into the web site will scan as a single piece of string but it is really made out of start code - A0, componeneet code - 00150, stop code 3B, how could I drop prefix and sufix when the product is scanned so it only scans the actual product code.

Any help is appreciated.

You could create a on change event on the field that the data is being entered into.

I'm not sure how well this would work though as you really want to try and catch the values at the end, not part way though and there isn't really a way on knowing when that is unless

a. The barcode scanner passes a carriage return as well as the code
    b. The barcodes are always a fixed length
    c. The bar code format is exactly the same each time eg. 2 character suffix, 2 character prefix and 5 character code

I have realized that using mid() vb function is probably the best way to go and the easiest once I implement it to go with the rest of the code so I will try that.

thanks for your time

Yup, mid, left, right and length are great functions when dealing with this sort of problem. The only real issue is the string format itself. Good luck.