Unanswered: Exporting Autocalc Values... with VBA?

I have a large table of data generated from multiple replicates of output. I
    usually use the autocalc feature in a pivot table or chart and only examine
    the averages over all of the replicates. While this is nice in pivot tables
    and charts, I would like to export these average values to a text file. All my previous attemps at exporting resulted in a copy of the entire form that the autocalc values were generated from, and I was reduced to cutting and pasting the cell values that I wanted. Is there any way to only export these calculated values into a text file without having to highlight and paste from the pivot table view? I would also like to use VBA so I can automate this process. Can anyone offer any advice?

A brief correction

The autocalc values were generated from a table, not a form. When I attempted to export these averages, I just got a full version of this table.

Why not just export the pivottable?
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Exporting AutoCalc Values

Exporting the pivottable into excel gives me all of the data in the original table, along with all of the average calculation results. This is a problem because of the size of the table. Even then it would be another step to save the pivottable worksheet in excel as a text file. I want a one step export that dosen't create a copy (and double the directory size) with just the average autocalc results in a text file for some external processing by MATLAB. Can anyone help?

The best place to find an example of how to output data to a text file from VBA is to go to your on line help for VBA and search for "Open Statement".
    That tells how to create/open a file for sending data to.
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Exporting AutoCalc Values

I guess my main problem is that I don't know how to use VBA to calculate the averages on my table data. Once I know how to do that, writing those results to a file should be ok.

One problem is that I have several experiments in the table, all with experiment numbers (in Column "E"), each with several replicates (numbered in Column "R"). I want to be able to average over the replicates for each of the experiments, then have an averages output file for each of the experiments for later processing.

So say I have data for 4 experiments, each with 5 replicates, I would like 4 output files corresponding to Experiments 1, 2, 3, 4, each containing averaged values from each experiment's 5 replicates. Do you know how to do this average calculation for these multiple experiments in VBA?

I thank you for your help so far!

might not solve your problem, but take a look at davg()
    davg("thisField", "thisTable", "someField = 123 and anotherField='"text"'")

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2