Unanswered: Windows Authentication Issue;

Hi All,

My Delphi application is connected to MS SQL Server 2000 database.The connection is establised with SQL Server authentication from the Delphi Application.

My problem is ,

When the SQL Server's Authentication mode is changed to "Windows Only", I change the Connection String attribute to Trusted Connection in which Im not specifying the UserId and Password as shown below.

'Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=TestDb;Data Source=dev-pc006;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Workstation ID=dev-pc003;Use Encryption for Data=False';

Now the connection is establised and I get "Invalid Object" error if the user id is not prefixed to the objects in the Delphi application's queries.

Is there any way to change the login/user after establishing the connection in Windows Authentication mode.

Thanks in advance.

Hari Haran Arulmozhi

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    What you have here is definitly a permissions issue. The logins coming in under the NT accounts do not have the same permissions as the sql server login your application was using.

I would take a serious look at using an application role and assigning the persmissions the SQL Server login had to the application role.

I would use the Generate SQL Scripts to script out all of the object level permissions and apply these permissions to the role your users are logging in as.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Hi Thrasymachus,

Thanks for your response. I will try this.

Thanks again,

Hari Haran Arulmozhi