Question Unanswered: Slow connections using ADODB and when server is not "localhost"

Hi. I'm developing and application in LabView (National Instruments), which is basically like any programming language. I need this application to communicate with mySql server, and I chose to do it through ADODB (MDAC 2.8 and myOLEDB 3.0). The problem is that any time I invoke a "connection" or "command" method, the response time is more than 5 seconds . Surprisingly, I found that if I run my application on the same server machine, using the location "localhost", the problem does not arise , but if I use the machine network name, the problem is back .

I read about some HOSTS or LMHOSTS problem with SQL server and MDAC 2.6, but this is not the case.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Daniel Ramirez
    Universidad de Concepcion
    Chile

Try to put Machinename and IP address in your host file and see what happens..Seems like name is not getting resolved as fast as it should be

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mamin
    Try to put Machinename and IP address in your host file and see what happens..Seems like name is not getting resolved as fast as it should be
    Thank you. I've tried that, but it didn't solve the problem. Anyway, as you have foreseen, the problem was in that direction. From a mysql.com forum I got the idea to disable name resolving on the mysql server. Voila .

See you.

Daniel R.