Search Engine Friendly URLs

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right area, but I think it has something to do with database concepts and design.

We are an electrical company that uses an SQL database and software Called CommercCenter.

Along with this system we added a shopping cart that pulls data from this database. The shopping cart can be viewed here:

You can test the inventory search using this product ID if you like: HBL23000G

My question is this. How might one go about converting these dynamic URLs to something search engine friendly? Or should I use a different catalog/shopping cart system. If so, any recommendations?

We would like Google for example to be able to spider and list our electrical item URLs. I presume many database admins out there probably want a similar function.

Any candid advice would surely be appreciated.

Thank you,

Toronto, Canada
    it's not a database question (well, not entirely)

since the site uses asp, go to the webmaster and inquire about the equivalent of "mod rewrite" (which is what i think it's called in apache) and then get the webmaster together with your asp developers to agree on how the url rewrite scheme should work

the calls to the database will be unchanged, but the asp will require some work to intercept and translate the friendly urls | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL